Sunday, 12 May 2024

Prayer to Know God's Thoughts

Heavenly Father,

I approach Your throne with a heart full of wonder and a mind eager to understand more of Your ways. Your thoughts are not our thoughts, nor are Your ways our ways (Isaiah 55:8-9). Yet, You invite us to seek wisdom and promise that You give generously to all without finding fault (James 1:5).

Lord, grant me the desire and the ability to seek Your thoughts above all else. Help me to delve deeply into Your Word, for it is there that Your heart and mind are revealed. Open my understanding as I read the scriptures, making clear Your precepts and Your plans.

Teach me to quiet my mind amidst the noise of this world, that I might hear Your still, small voice. In moments of decision or confusion, remind me to turn to You first, seeking Your direction and waiting for Your prompting.

Increase my discernment, that I may distinguish between thoughts that are from You and those that are not. Cultivate in me a spirit that aligns with Yours, one that loves what You love and hates what You hate. Mold my desires to reflect Your priorities, transforming my mind so that my thoughts become more like Yours each day.

I pray also for the courage to act on the insights You provide. Knowing Your thoughts is only the beginning; help me to live them out in obedience and faith. Let Your wisdom guide my actions and Your truth influence my decisions.

Thank you, Father, for the promise that when we draw near to You, You draw near to us. As I seek to know Your thoughts, draw me closer to Your heart. May my life reflect a deep understanding of Your ways, and may others be drawn to You through the wisdom and insight You develop in me.

In the name of Jesus, I pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Healing Prayer for God's Healing Presence

 Abba Father, in the name of Jesus, Thank You for Your presence that surrounds Your children. Thank You that You have promised never to leav...